Swoop over deep and mysterious gorges, linger above roaring rivers and cascading waterfalls and view the fascinating and dramatic rock formations of the Blyde River Canyon.
The Mpumalanga Helicopter Co. is based in Hazyview in the beautiful Mpumalanga Lowveld. Most flights take place from the surrounding lodges, hotels, Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve and Timbavati Private Nature Reserve.
- Based at Hippo Hollow Country Estate in Hazyview
• Mpumalanga Lowveld
- KMIA to Sabi Sand Private Game Reserve and Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, and hotels / lodges in the area
• Luggage restrictions apply
• Variations of the above flights can be quoted on request
Enjoy a spectacular eagle’s eye view of the breathtaking Lisbon Falls, which tumble in four cascades down a 92 metre high cliff into a large, beautiful and icy cold pool. Witness the 80 metre high Berlin Falls as well as the 64 metre high Mac-Mac Falls which plunge into the forested gorge below. Gods Window is where you will be treated to one of the finest views of the Mpumalanga Lowveld, before landing back in Hazyview.
- Departs from Hippo Hollow Hotel in Hazyview
• Follows the Sabie River Valley along the escarpment
• Fly over the incredible 30-metre-high Pinnacle
• Linger above the breathtaking Lisbon Falls
• Spectacular photographic opportunities
• Gods Window – one of the finest views of the Lowveld
• 45 minute Cascades excursion (Waterfalls only)
• 1 hour Cascades and Canyon Delight (Waterfalls, God’s Window and Canyon)
Cascades & Canyon Spectacular
This exhilarating flight swoops over deep canyons bursting with vegetation and colour. The helicopter lingers above cascading waterfalls, allowing for spectacular photographic opportunities.
Your flight will continue along the escarpment to God’s Window which offers awesome panoramic views of the bushveld below and on to the fascinating and dramatic rock formations of the 1 000 metre deep, 30 km long Blyde River Canyon (the third deepest and greenest canyon in the world). You will be treated to a magnificent bird’s eye view of the curious Three Rondavels before landing at a picnic site with glorious views of the Mpumalanga Lowveld for a delicious lunch accompanied by South African Sparkling Wine.
- Exhilarating flight
• Linger above cascading waterfalls
• Flight continues along escarpment to God’s Window
• Panoramic views of the bushveld and dramatic rock formations of the Blyde River Canyon
• Land at a sight with views of Mpumalanga Lowveld, for a picnic
Sabi Sand / Timbavati area
– Departure times 10h00 and 13h00
– Duration of Excursion – 2 hours (from pick-up to drop-off, and including the picnic stop) Hazyview / surrounds
– Departure times – all day
– Duration of Excursion – 1 hour 30 minutes (from pick-up to drop-off, and including the picnic stop)
Please contact Kelly or Eline for further information, or to make a reservation.
Telephone: +27 84 505 2052