28 Jan 2015 A scrumptious recipe for Cabbage Shrimp Parcels, by chef Alex
Our chefs have chosen a magnificent dish for this latest recipe from the Camp Jabulani Kitchen… Cabbage Shrimp Parcels with Red Pepper Foam, Cocktail Tomatoes, Saffron Parsnips and Micro Herbs. Is your mouth watering yet?
Cabbage Shrimp Parcels
- 1 baby cabbage
- 100g shrimps cooked
- 2 baby leeks chopped
- 100ml cream
- 15g butter
- 1 egg
- 30ml cornstarch
- Cook off the leeks in butter, add the cream and reduce.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix in the shrimps, egg and cornstarch.
- Place in blanched cabbage leaves and bake off at 180°C for 15 minutes.
- 1 large parsnip
- 6 sprigs of saffron
- Peel strips off the parsnip lengthwise, and place in boiling water with the saffron.
- Take pan off the heat immediately and allow water to cool with the parsnip/saffron.
Red Pepper Foam
- 1/2 uncooked red pepper
- 50ml fullcream milk
- 2ml bicarbonate soda
- Blend the pepper and the milk together and heat up.
- Add the bicarb and blend again if necessary.
- 4 cocktail tomatoes
- 1 small packet of micro herbs
Impress your friends with this delicious and beautiful looking recipe at your next dinner party, and let us know how it turns out!